Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Honesty in a Presidential Candidate

At least John Edwards has the honesty to let people know that the government will own your body once single payer health insurance is inacted.  At a campaign stop in Iowa, Edwards said
'It requires that everybody be covered. It requires that everybody get preventive care [...] If you are going to be in the system, you can't choose not to go to the doctor for 20 years. You have to go in and be checked and make sure that you are OK.'

Somehow I'm not comforted by the notion that the government is going to require me to get preventative care.  I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg.  It follows that I will be required to take appropriate medications and to get appropriate treatment as recommended by my government paid physician.  No thanks.

HT to the Cato Institute